The following release was published by Port of Valencia:
- Data from the Valencian Port Authority’s (PAV) Statistical Bulletin for October show that traffic in the Valencian ports increased for the second consecutive month this year.
- Last month, Valenciaport handled 6,803,999 tonnes of goods, which represents a growth of +6.99% compared to October 2022. Those dedicated to exports grew by +1.48% and imports followed the same path, increasing by +3.40% during the month of October
- Rail transport continues to increase and in the first ten months of the year a total of 2,690,753 tonnes entered and left the Valencian docks by rail: 199,895 TEU’s have been mobilised, +2.40% more
- At the same time, the Bulletin shows that during the whole year the number of vehicles transported by rail traffic has grown significantly (+8.63%), reaching 533,610 units, a figure which consolidates the success of the APV’s rail expansion plan
- Ro-Ro traffic (short sea shipping services for roll-on/roll-off cargo) accumulates a growth of +2.04% in 2023, which means a total of 11,207,432 tonnes handled
- Traffics with the Far East continue to show positive figures and the number of containers handled from January to October reached 647,279 TEUs (+2.97%). China continues to be the main trading partner followed by the USA. -which this month has reduced its trade relations with the Valencian docks. The countries with the greatest increase in traffic with the Valencian docks continue to be Egypt (+26.52% containers) and Vietnam (+26.23%)
Two consecutive months of growth in the management of goods handled at Valenciaport’s docks. After accumulating half a year of negative records, the Statistical Bulletin of the Port Authority of Valencia (PAV) shows in October (and for the second consecutive month in 2023) positive data: last month, the Valencian docks have managed 6,803,999 tonnes of goods -which represents an increase of +6.99% over the same month of 2022-. This data is broken down into a growth of +1.48% in the tonnes dedicated to exports and +3.40% in imports.
On analysing the balance of the month of October in the Statistical Bulletin, it can be seen that the growth in traffic in Valenciaport responds to the increase in the management of the total of general goods, totalling 6,010,662 tonnes managed (+7.84%) and also of bulk cargo, which has accumulated in October 2023 a total of 793,337 tonnes (+1.01%).
If we look at the accumulated figures for the year (from January to October 2023 compared to the same period in 2022), we begin to see a certain stabilisation with a balance of -5.66% tonnes handled and -8.67% in the number of TEUs. In this same period, both the total number of passengers and the total number of ro-ro cargo continue to rise, with growth of +14.71% and 8.63%, respectively.
Source: Port of Valencia